Good day LVM Track clients and partners! We at LVM Tech hope you are all keeping healthy, happy and safe and that business is going well for you this year. On that note, can you believe 2021 is half over? Thankfully we’ve had some great warm weather this year to enjoy the outdoors.
This month brings some nice user interface and reports design tweaks. Our Pro+ users will benefit from feature enhancements in our add-on applications.
LVM Track New Features and Enhancements
Choosing a unit group in the Geofence table
When creating a report on geofences and a group of geofences, we added the ability to select not only a single unit but a unit group.
Now when a user creates a new unit, the user no longer needs to manually edit the report template. All that the user needs to do is to add a unit to the unit group, and our system will automatically generate a report on the whole group.
Making the dashboard customizable
On the dashboard page, you can see some blocks: Services, Intervals, Cost, Units, and so on. This dashboard gives you quick visual insight into your fleets. Now you can customize your dashboard and add/delete blocks. To delete, a user just needs to click the three vertical dots on the right of the calendar and remove the unused blocks from the opening window.
Some of the blocks, for example, Services and Units, can be resized manually by pulling the lower right corner of the section. Blocks can also be moved in any order to assemble a page that is optimal for a user.
A user can also disable the indicators they don’t need in those blocks:
- Cost: by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner, you can deactivate the Services and fuel checkbox selected by default and leave only Services or only Fuel;
- Total cost of services: by clicking on the icon Units, Drivers, or Trailers, a user turns off the indicators for these items. The total cost is then recalculated in the Total column, and the graph displays the data minus the deactivated items.
Total cost of services
We changed the “Total cost of services” graph on the dashboard and unit page to keep fleet expenses data for a certain time period visible by adding the following features;
- a Total field with the total amount of the fleet services expenses for the selected period;
- a field with the total amount of expenses per 1km for the selected period;
- a field with the total amount of expenses per engine hour for the selected period.
The period is set in the calendar on the Dashboard and on the unit page.
Fleet metrics/Unit metrics
For easier estimation and calculation, we have added the fleet metrics graph on the dashboard and to the similar Unit metrics graph on the unit page. Now a user can check the vehicle mileage in kilometers or engine hours for the selected period, and the information will be displayed in the Total field.
A new Total cost of fuel graph
In order to see the fuel costs for the entire fleet and an individual unit, a new “Total cost of fuel” graph has been added on the dashboard and on the unit page. It helps users compare the expenses in the different time periods.
Moving orders on the map
This month we’ve added a huge feature which will save dispatchers a lot of time. You can now move an order on the map from one route to another, simply by clicking and changing the route.
The Move button was added to the order cards in the upper right corner. A user just needs to click on the button and select the route on the map to which the order will be transferred. The new order automatically changes the route, while the app assigns a position number to it.
The improved “Take into account the location of units” option
If the “Take into account the location of units” option is enabled when creating a route, the route from the unit to the first point is displayed on the map. In addition, the estimated arrival time and the distance from the unit to the first point are calculated and displayed in the table.
The Route cost column
The column of Route cost has been added to reports on routes and to reports on routes and orders. This can be insightful data to simplify expenses planning. The column shows the route cost values that are calculated during the optimization if the corresponding parameters are indicated in the settings in the Route cost calculation section.
New notification window design
With the improved design of the notifications window, it is now easier to see relevant information in the window. The following items have been improved;
- The window size has become larger;
- Updated the style of the pop-up notifications about errors and completed actions;
- Improved display of unread messages;
- All notifications can be marked as read;
- The Show button is added for simpler navigation.
Specifying a crop quickly
This month, we added the following features;
- Edit the sowing date: Previously, the default date was January 1 of the current year, but now a user can select any date themselves.
- Indicate the harvesting date: A user can now do this on the Field page, without using the properties for the selected field.
For example, if a user planted several fields with one crop, they will be able to enter this information, and indicate the sowing date with the estimated harvesting date in a single action so that a user can complete this task much faster than before.
To do this, a user needs to set up the following;
- On the Fields page: click on the leaf icon in the row in the list or in the field menu on the map
- After selecting the crop, indicate the sowing (required) and harvesting (optional) dates and save the option
If a user works with several fields, a user needs to select the fields and then click on the leaf icon to indicate the crop, the sowing and harvesting dates.
Updating the top menu
We added the following subitems under the Catalogues navigation tab: Crops, Operations, Implements, and Consumables.
The top bar now has fewer tabs so it’s easier to find the other tabs.
Contact us today!